Summer is never done. Technically, you could move down past the equator in October and keep the warm vibes moving, traversing back and forth between the worlds. So take the special person by the hand, figure out a way of achieving always-heat, and be free with Paul Cherry. It really could be “So Easy.” Just take the man by the hand and find out where the destination lies. With the pleasantry of The Memories and swag of a modern-day Chewbacca, Paul Cherry is just swirling a glass of sound and sass, sipping sunshine south of the shore. It’s an innertube. And y’all are invited. Bring a floatable cooler too. Shit, is that Rug Rice??
The nit and the grit is that Paul Cherry is releasing his first split tape, and it’s with The Lemons. For real, the tape is entitled Cherry Lemonade and comes in the most clever j-card this side of the northern hemisphere. So wrap your head around “So Easy” below and hit up the Paul Cherry crew (s/0 to Chris Kramer and Max Epstein too).
• Paul Cherry: https://soundcloud.com/paul_cherry
Sietse van Erve
A game of catch-up, crunch by numbers – stock ticker still spilling out into my hands. I’m still holding on to all these perforations from dot-matrix feeds. All the excrement, the secretions. Still sniffing for the back space. Long lines of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, as long as the intestinal paper trails.
The downtown collapsed. They fled left and right. I was left behind, after electricity, to manage the upper offices.
Now they’re back, attempting to “revitalize” downtown. They turned the lobby into a cocktail bar called Security. No more suits running the show. Instead, the CEOs sport silly waxed mustaches and flops of hair. I stay out of it. I mainly stick around the fifteenth floor, or so. The electricity is back on. Still, I keep the lights off. I guess I am accustomed to it. I certainly don’t bother with the paper traffic. I don’t direct the feed; I don’t park anything anywhere in particular. I just let the damn things spill out. I let them play.
• Orphax: http://www.orphax.com
The Electric Nature
“Alienation I 1”
Once again, the inescapable Illuminated Paths is coming after your soul with The Electric Nature’s newest (Broken Machine Films) video for “alienation I.” Recommendations for viewing:
– Around 5:30 AM, having gone to sleep around 12:30 AM, on the largest screen, in the darkest of light you can make it.
– On your phone standing at the bathroom sink during work-hours, just gazing into the smear, volume at max.
– Working out, stream-hacked into the gym’s wifi-system, portraying the image on all televisions, and continue sweating, whilst everyone scrambles to figure out what’s going on.
– During execution, for sure.
– When someone is trying to sound like their “Cool,” but is just being loud and obnoxious next to you at work.
– Innertubing off the coast of Atlantic City beach, viewing on a PSP sealed in a Zip-Lock baggie, smoking out an apple pipe, with the East Coast casino-resort hotel skyline crumbling into the Earth in the background.
Feel the void of The Electric Nature’s newest release Alienation on Illuminated Paths today!
The fibers of being are “No Mission.” The decay that German Army bring to all their music seems so simple at first, but when blended, it’s remarkable how someone can think collectively like their songs do. So when “No Mission” belts out the feels of an echoed ritual emerging from a dwindling fire lit in a can within the city, one catches waves of sound in bit of a pensive announcement, faulting at the transition of music and real life. Culture smeared like lipstick up and around glazed and fading eyelids. Leaving on Wednesday and arriving mid-Monday. Circumstance is unreliable. Flakes are just cereal. Audio journals can be burned but only from the right angle. And German Army’s newest release, Remain in Exile on Golden Cloud Tapes (featuring “No Mission,” video below), will surely please even the most wary of listeners, always in the midst of midnight.