“Kush Coma” [feat. A$AP Rocky] / freestyle on Crib Sessions
When we first heard Danny Brown’s new smash crowd banger, “Kush Coma,” it was a rough draft with a placeholder verse and a promise that A$AP Rocky would be on the final version. No one complained though; the more Danny, the better. Plus, the production by Skywlkr, fellow Bruiser Brigade member, is sooooo fucking great that the rapping’s like the blunt on top. In any case, thanks to Tim Westwood and BBC Radio 1 (via Hip-Hop Dons), we can now hear the version that’ll be on Danny’s forthcoming album, Old. While A$AP’s guest verse is indeed here — look ma, no triplets! — BBC Radio 1 unfortunately edited out every time the word “kush” was dropped, which is frequently since the chorus is about being in, well, a kush coma. Darn. I guess we’ll have to wait for Old — hitting stores in August via Fool’s Gold — to hear the full version.
In the meantime, check (“CHECK!!”) out Danny Brown freestyling over Pusha T’s “Numbers on the Boards,” courtesy of Westwood’s Crib Sessions. He looks like he’s possessed by Mr. Fox, but no bitch it’s Danny Brown, and he’s got some weed up in his sock. Dude’s going to die like a rock star.
Danny Brown updated his SoundCloud account with the full version, which includes another verse:
Chocolate Grinder Mix 82
Swann SWDVK-825508 8-Channel Digital Video Recorder with Smartphone Viewing
What is the song that goes “da dada da dada dadadada”? It’s one or more male singers and after the chorus is sounds as if they’re saying, “Why you so…”
Whats that song that goes nanananananananananananananana…< Help. It’s supposedly a really annoying song and It’s sung by this guy and I think all he does is go ‘nananananananana na na na nanananananana na na na nanananana na na na na na na na na na naaa naaa’ It’s weird and I think it was one of the most annoying songs or something. What is it? I can’t find it anywhere. :/
Whats that song that goes…cause im ballin….??? ok the song goes like cause im ballin..then has a short break and beat and then says somethin about shot callin. dont no who it is by but it is a very common song…anyone no what it is???
What is the song that goes da da da daaaaaaa da? it is a love song from a while ago but well known i cant find it on youtube cos i dunno any of the word lyrics
What is that song that goes yeah yeah yeah ? I heard this song that the chorus goes yeah yeah yeah yeah a guy sings the song except the chorus the chorus is like a bunch of girls saying yeah yeah yeah yeah, it has like a beachy melody to it and it’s like soft rock.
What is the song that goes da da da da dadadada da da? I’ve got this song in my head its starts off like i said da da da da dadadada da da then a drum beat comes in and it continues please tell me the song if you know it!!!!!!!!!
Song that goes girl shake that dun dun dun? i herd this song last night but i was wasted lol it goes girl shake that dun dun dun
Whats the name of that song that goes like this…? It goes like this. Do do do de rodododoodedooo do bee do dum da bum da rrum da dum. I heard a big grabber thingy at a junkyard playing it, and it was really catchy.
What is the song that goes da da da da, da da da da da? it was used on an old five alive advert and i have heard it remixed in clubs recently its great. anybody have any idea what it could be. ??
Stream below, and subscribe to our podcast here.
[00:00] BVLMΛ - “Fuck U All The Time”
[01:27] Zelooperz - “Hit A Lick”
[05:21] cyborgjungle - “666 κλοπη”
[05:51] ianisiah - “MINDFUCK” [produced by Arca]
[09:11] WEIRDLUCK - “Espresso Venom”
[13:45] Kodak Cameo - “Flamingo”
[15:57] GUNGE - “$WIMMIN-IN-MONEY”
[19:05] WHY BE - “BLASTING VOICE THING (HAN RIVER SPECIAL)”
[24:31] a i r s p o r t s - “Feelings”
[27:40] D/P/I - “DEAD HEARTS”
WARM THIGHS 5
WARM THIGHS IS COMING IN HOT.
1. These beats are slaying like Beowulf and Odysseus: the fucking GREATS, man. That shit. No-holding-back-style approach. Mind pirouette, let that shit break your spirit.
2. For real though, “INDIG0 NIGHTS” has all the laid back pelvic thrust that the kids these days are craving. They want music their ears can shimmy to when they drive their dads’ cars behind the abandoned train yard to smoke joints and throw signs; drink Jungle Syrup ®.
3. WARM THIGHS brings up to bat that ice-cream thick stutter, representing SP-404 samplin’ and dancin’. The choice of sounds on this tape harkens back to the thrift store days; chopping up VHS tapes and splicing the footage across your bedroom ceiling, letting that shit corrupt your little brother when he walks into your room and you’re bumping. Let him hear that 90s snare snap and the grubby tape-quality hip-hop strut. He came to ask if he could borrow your headphones, but he doesn’t want them anymore! Now he just wants to join the dub and get a little up, so you guys head down into the drainage ditches at the end of the street to tag your names super quick-like, because you’re afraid of getting caught.
4. This is (presumably) the fifth WARM THIGHS mixtape. They come out like new flavors of Gatorade or limited edition Nikes… you gotta cop that shit, man.
5. In my personal opinion, WARM THIGHS 5 is better than WARM THIGHS 4. On 5, there is a greater effort put into the intentional deconstruction of the beats. In the wake of all this 90s-revivalist, “Beast Coast”-beat making (see: Team Supreme), WARM THIGHS is using organic sampling techniques to chop & screw Starburst-sized cuts of audio. There is no certain start and end point to each beat, meaning it is entirely plausible that the songs presented on the WARM THIGHS 5 Bandcamp page are only snippets of a greater whole — music that has been recovered from a warbling, brain-dead cassette and is only now being salvaged. WARM THIGHS 4 placed emphasis on adding otherworldly qualities to classic hip-hop breaks. Often the resulting effect of this process is a little disorientating, whereas on 5, the tracks play laughs on the 4/4 time signature, allowing the rhythm of each song to establish its own awkward, stuttering gate. Don’t get too comfortable. Name your price.
• WARM THIGHS: http://warmthighs.bandcamp.com
So, not to start over, however, this is totally my work-out post for this week. Since the beginning of May, I really haven’t been “working-out.” I caught this nasty sinus infection, and it’s fucking nasty. Like, on my lungs and in my eyes/nose. However, I haven’t let that stop me from burning fat. This is real, as a distance/energy thing, opposed to a time/energy thing, but if you walk the same distance as run, you’ll lose the same amount of calories. WHAT? Yes! Think about it in terms of time, although I told it you really doesn’t have anything to do with it… If you run two miles in 18 minutes, but walk two miles in 40 minutes, you’re spending the same kind of energy, only saving time by running. Thus, “12 SUNDAY” would get your move going and a little pep in your step, avoiding each crack along the way. FAMILY EVENT has a really interesting way of moving feet, so feel their new release 2, featuring the single (‘cause you never know when one track ends or begins in the mix) “12 SUNDAY.” Hi!!
“You Stood Up For Victory, We Stood Up For Less (Part Two)”
A 17-minute sepia kaleidoscope for you today, as Leeds’ A-Sun Amissa match the beauty, inter-layed textures and controlled menace of their music to a suitable visual counterpart.
Edited by Matty Ross & Richard Knox from a series of contorting pirouettes, 60s space travel, and exploding balls of light, the video for “You Stood Up For Victory, We Stood Up For Less (Part Two)” imagines a wonderful counterfactual history where Technicolor was never invented, where a spectrum of that most underrated color — beige — was enough for all of us, thank you very much.
And as A-Sun Amissa have long songs and long titles for those songs, they’ve inevitably been compared to Godspeed You! Black Emperor, a band that, like space travel, seems to feel at once slightly dated and constantly charged with new utopian potential.
But the length is just one dimension, and when the layers of sound build to trap that careening, desperate sax part, it’s clear we’re on some different territory entirely.