HOORAY! Deep Tapes owner Alex Gray and his Heat Wave project are back with a new mixtape titled Sweets. It’s already his second mix since the year started, the first being Fuckd in Tha Game. I went kinda nuts over one of his mixes from last year, and I’m happy to report that the two latest mixtapes are equally great. Chop-hop beats. Wormy synths. Freeze-dried ambience. Cosmic hand claps. Cocked guns. Bathdub. Cyberfuck. Poo-Smur. Infra-Pop. DELICIOUS.
Meanwhile, Heat Wave has a 7-inch out on Cauldron, a new micro-label from Pooh-Bah. It’s limited to 300, making it all Cerberus-like. First 100 copies come with a limited art book, so if you want a copy, order now.
Death Grips, who are releasing two new albums this year, has just unveiled a second new song, “Get Got.” It’s clearly the fastest track in Death Grips’ catalog, but MC Ride has never sounded so subdued. (It almost sounds like a different MC until 2:06!) The track will be off their first full-length of the year, The Money Store, which is due April 23 on Epic. No joke.
• Death Grips: http://thirdworlds.net
“Zeebin in My New Zone”
“Your search yielded no results:
- Check if your spelling is correct.
- Remove quotes around phrases to match each word individually: ‘blue smurf’ will match less than blue smurf.
Consider loosening your query with OR: blue smurf will match less than blue OR smurf.”
- Jesse Briata (Fats Mctwinky, Lockbox, Dandelion Spirits, SEO)
Yeah, he’s doing folk. He’s zeebin “sonic fluctuations.” He’s maybe a she and only 17. She making you dance. He making you moist. She he-she’ing him and her. He bluing. She Smurfing. We nodding? Nod on over to Animal Image Search and pick up your Lockbox cassette today!
Hodgy Beats. Free EP. Get it here if you want.
Untitled EP tracklisting:
01. Bullshittin’ (produced by Juicy J)
02. Cookie Coma (produced by The Alchemist)
03. Lately (produced by Flying Lotus)
04. Samurai (produced by Jonti Danimals)
05. In A Dream (produced by The Alchemist)
06. Ave. (produced by Thelonious Martin)
07. Lamented (produced by Flying Lotus)
08. If Heaven Is A Ghetto (produced by Thelonious Martin)
09. Higashi Loves You
Like anticipating a slap across the face, one must always stay community based and concurrent with their own perspective interests. There’s no real way to describe it all. Maybe it has to deal with energy or natural motion. It’s weird to think of natural motion (down), opposed to living motion (all around). And to imagine energy as something abundant in commodity, and without a specific meaning, breaks us further. Or builds us. Us, as in person and community. Us, as in the means of words. Us, as in “indie” of — of what? Of progression? Being yourself to people? Expressing energy in an unseen motion? “Moving Activity” has it’s place in heads-ears-minds, and it continues and continues.