my boyfriend died. it’s been almost 3 months and i still cry in my closet.
Note from Goghaway: It's been a couple of years for me, and I still cry on my roof sometimes. A slew of well-meaning relatives and friends are all probably telling what you should be feeling right now, or even telling you what you are feeling. Seriously, take your time.
Here's what I felt at the time: overwhelming, expansive grief; dullness like I'd been lost, living outside of myself and wandering aimlessly; guilt and rebelliousness when I started to grow into a new life and leave some things behind; and eventually, joy that I could still love and remember him. I hope that this helps and I am so, so sorry for your loss
01. The Weepies - "World Spins Madly On"- The Weepies (Say I Am You)
02. Sufjan Stevens - "I Can't Even Lift My Head" (To Spirit Back to the Mews)
03. Ryan Adams - "Please Do Not Let Me Go" (Love is Hell)
04. Colin Hay - "I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You" (Going Somewhere)
05. Death Cab For Cutie - "Transatlanticism" (Transatlanticism)
06. Little Children Jump - "Cathedrals" (Magazine)
07. Joseph Arthur - "In the Sun" (Come to Where I'm From)
08. Ben Folds - "Still Fighting It" (Rockin' the Suburbs)
09. Jorge Calderon And Jennifer Warnes - "Keep Me in Your Heart" (Enjoy Every Sandwich: The Songs of Warren Zevon)