You can’t have it all, America. You think you can, but you can’t. Case in point: A Sunny Day In Glasgow. In a traitorous move, the (AMERICAN) band has announced a new EP, No Death, that is, gasp, exclusive to the UK. With the release of their (TMT-LAUDED) new album on Lefse, Sea When Absent, American love for A Sunny Day is at an all-time high, yet they could be throwing it all away right here. Nonetheless, America can’t have everything, so No Death, a limited-edition, hand-stamped CD featuring two non-LP tracks and three remixes, will be available in the UK to anyone purchasing Sea When Absent at participating stores. These stores include the following: Norman Records, Rough Trade, Picadilly Records, Rise, and Recordstore.
That said, here’s something people the world over can enjoy: a remix of Sea When Absent’s opening track “Bye Bye, Big Ocean (The End).” Remixed by Ice Choir (the new project of former Pains of Being Pure at Heart member Kurt Feldman), the track is available below. Enjoy this track while you reflect on betrayal.
No Death tracklist:
01. Almost Like Emotion (The Drop)
02. I’ll Be Signal (Sad Songs)
03. Bye Bye, Big Ocean (The End) - Ice Choir Remix
04. Boys Turn Into Girls (Initiation Rites) - The Buddy System Remix
05. In Love With Useless (The Timeless Geometry in the Tradition of Passing) - Fang Island Remix