The time is now, reader baby. Our jeans could maybe get a little slimmer.
Chin Up Chin Up is touring with The Ponys, and I say, before lacing up our fancy kicks, ruffling our enviable hairdos, and high-tailing it to a venue near us:
I’m talking chin-ups. So many chin-ups.
Not a joke.
Think back, reader baby. Remember gym class? Chin-ups on the grimy bar all the other 5th graders had gripped with their sweaty and clammy hands so your own (sweaty and clammy hands) would lose grip as your youthful chin pulled on up?
In elementary school, I could hold my chin up on that bar for, like, a good 11.5 seconds.
Now, reader baby sweetheart, I’d be lucky if I had enough upper body strength to:
1. Push a shopping cart into a stack of magazines down Aisle 5 with my oh-so-precious one and only lover, while understanding the difference between Miles and Coltrane, wearing grey sweatpants and no makeup, and being so perfect in the eyes of said lover
2. Give a good-old-fashioned hot n’ sudsy shampoo to Bret Michaels followed by a nimble-fingered French-braid
3. Beat Ananda Lewis in a bitch-slap
4. Grab a chocolate pie off of a windowsill faster than hungy-hungry Raven Simone*
5. Hold myself on a breaking tree branch over a lagoon of Jello made from Steven Tyler’s sweat
6. Balance the small, malnourished kid from Little Giants on my shoulders after the big win
7. Balance Rick Moranis’ character in Little Giants on my shoulders after the big win
8. Balance Rick Moranis’ shrunken-kids on my shoulders after (some yet-to-be identified) Honey, I Shrunk the Kids big win
9. Rub Conor O’s biceps down with IcyHot while suspended from a bungee cord
10. Carry groceries across the street for little old women
11. Save puppies
12. RAISE DA’ ROOF
14. Hand dance to “I think We’re Alone Now”
15. Arm wrestle Tiffany “New York” for a shot at a lick-happy make-out sesh with bumptious but loveable softy Chance
16. Slam dunk a b-ball with Aaron Carter and Shaq (as chronicled in “That’s How I Beat Shaq”)
17. Be jacked enough to be invited to “Aaron’s Party”
18. Or break up a fight at Aaron’s Party
19. And respond to the call of duty and alert Aaron that his parents have (OMFG) arrived
20. Oh My God, LIKE WTF, AARON
21. I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING WHY WOULD THEY COME HOME SO EARLY, AC?
22. I thought Nick said he’d cover you
23. Or is he too busy macking that 13-year-old
24. Yeah, he is
25. DIDN’T YOU SAY THAT THEY HAVEN’T SEEN AUNT JANE IN FOREVER
26. GREAT NOW NICK IS LEAVING WITH HOWIE D., SOME BROTHER
27. NOW SHAQ’S GOING TO GET NAILED FOR SUPPLING DA’ DRINK
28. KAZAAM IS KA-OVER
29. THANKS TO YOU, YOU DIRTY FRENEMY
30. I BET YOU DIDN’T EVEN BEAT SHAQ
Obviously, chin-ups would do so much good.
Boom, I put it in the Hoop Like Slam; Chin Up Chin Up Tourdates:
# The Thermals
$ The Ponys
*But to be fair, who could?