It ain't easy being cheesy, and it's even harder being Dan Deacon (TMT Interview). Touring like a motherfucker for the better part of this year, Deacon recently announced the cancellation of select dates on his current tour due to exhaustion. The affected cities are Oberlin (OH), St. Louis (MO), Grinnell (IA), and Kansas City (MO), and possibly Brooklyn (NY). Yeah, I know! Very upsetting. But very understandable, too, right patient, sympathetic, sexy reader?
So, the question now is what are you going to do instead of going to the Dan Deacon show? TMT has compiled a list of activities that we endorse:
- Fly a kite. Nothing says "fuck you Deacon" like flying a kite.
- Eat some cereal. Shit's good. Use lactose-free milk if you get the squirts.
- Dry your laundry on a clothesline. Who said being eco-friendly wasn't cool?
- Masturbate. It's healthy. Don't be ashamed of your body. Get to know it.
- Practice your speech. Public speaking is vital to your future success.
- Order In Rainbows. Chris Martin will. You should too.
- Write Dan Deacon a sympathy note. He needs your encouragement.
- Fly another kite. Nothing says "fuck you Deacon" like a symmetrical task list.
Be sure to check his MySpace for any future updates regarding his exhaustion.