Here at Tiny Mix Tapes, we like to take a realistic stance on the issues of the day. As reported by sources like Stereogum, Outkast are reuniting next year. If all goes as planned, they’ll be playing Coachella, as well as doing a full tour. This is very exciting. However, let’s all remember, everything can always go terribly wrong. For convenience’s sake, here is a quick list of ways this potentially amazing reunion could go straight down the toilet.
• Andre 3000 playing Sixteen-level guitar while Big Boi tries to freestyle through the worst of it.
• Idlewild full-album shows, complete with screening of the film.
• Outkast Tour 2014: Just The Skits! Featuring guest appearances from that one cold lady and the shady bootleg dealer.
• Big Boi replacing his verse on “Spottieotiedopalicious” with a numerical ranking of the Kate Bush discography.
• Reunion just flat-out not happening, a somewhat likely prospect considering that Outkast are basically The Smiths when it comes to people’s imaginations running wild regarding reunions.
Outkast last released Idlewild in 2006. Since then, Big Boi has put two solo albums, 2010’s Sir Lucious Left Foot the Son of Chico Dusty and 2012’s Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors. Andre 3000 has been in a Will Ferrell basketball movie.
• Outkast: http://www.outkast.com