My favorite Brooklyn noisy rock trio (Parts and Labour!) will be releasing a new album tomorrow!! The band just finished up a chunk of tourdates with ADULT and will be back on the road this June.
The new album, Mapmaker, was mixed and recorded at the Brothers Studio (!!!, Measles Mumps Rubella, Pterodactyl) in Brooklyn. According to Jagjaguwar, additional vocals and electronics were recorded by the band in a windowless room. Wow! The album will be released May 22 on Jagjaguwar/Brah.
If that wasn't enough to please you die-hard fans, check out what else P&L has or already had up their sleeves for this year, courtesy of Jagjaguwar:
- a bonus track on the 5RC/KRS Xiu Xiu tribute comp (covering the song "Apistat Commander"), available on iTunes
- an exclusive track for an upcoming compilation on No Pain In Pop, a new UK-based label
- an exclusive track for an Oh No Records vinyl compilation in support of Trees Not Trash, a Brooklyn non-profit organization
- an exclusive track to be featured on a 7-inch split with Fuck Buttons
- a tentative European tour in the fall
In addition to the above goodies, each member of P&L has been busy with his own solo material as well. BJ Warshaw is finishing up the debut release of Shooting Spires, to be released on Cardboard Records this summer; Chris Weingarten is also finishing up a full length with Poisson d'Avril; and Dan Friel is also working on a new solo album. Damn!