Hey, city boy. Think yer too good for the farm? Above a bit of pig-wrasslin?? Want yerself an ed-yoo-kay-shun? Want to git yerself to yoo-nee-vursity? Yeah? Wanna hang out with all the pretty girls in they libraries and they single-sex dormitories? Well, I guess that's fair enough, isn't it? What with the state of that dad-gum job market, gettin' a degree ain't nothin' more than an investment in your future.
Well, greenhorn, this is yer lu -- fuck it. This is your lucky day. Sub Pop (I seem to be TMT's Sub Pop correspondent at the moment -- maybe I should get a badge) are offering a scholarship to one lucky scholar to the sum of $5,750, or 676,488 yen, if you're down with the whole Japanese currency thing. And, really, who isn't?
They're not giving away the money for nothing, though. Oh, no. They're giving it away for practically nothing. To apply, send off an essay to them, no more than one page, on some of the following topics:
- What are you doing in the arts/music field in your community?
- How and/or why did you become interested in artistic outlets?
- Why do you need this scholarship money?
- What are your influences and/or who inspires you?
- Who are some of your favorite bands or artists?
- Evolution: I ain't evolved from some danged monkey, AMIRITE?
Yeah, I dunno about that last one. Maybe best to steer clear of that.
The deadline for applications is May 1. For more information, click on href="http://www.subpop.com/channel/giveitaway_giveitaway_giveitawaynow/announcing_the_sub_pop_loser_scholarship">this handy intertextual weblink.