Who’s up for some FLYING ROBOTS?? On June 21, the Saatchi & Saatchi New Directors’ Showcase was held once again at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity in Paris, and this year’s installment saw “a troupe of 16 quadrotors (flying robots) dance to and manipulate sound and light.” The concept for the showcase was created by Jonathan Santana & Xander Smith, directed by Marshmallow Laser Feast, and designed/developed by KMel Robotics, but the coolest part? The whole shebang featured sound design by Oneohtrix… Point… Never!! [record scratch] AHHH!!!
Lopatin himself (swoon!) posted the music he made via SoundCloud, which you can listen to right here:
And check out the flying robots in action right here:
• Oneohtrix Point Never: http://pointnever.com
• Saatchi & Saatchi: http://www.saatchi.com/new_directors_showcase
• Marshmallow Laser Feast: http://www.marshmallowlaserfeast.com
• KMel Robotics: http://kmelrobotics.com
• Cannes Lions: http://www.canneslions.com