In an exciting bit of tour news, New York City band Liars are setting out on the road to support both their new, self-titled album (out August 28 on Mute) and their large-and-in-charge Big Apple brethren Interpol on an autumn journey. From the palace known as Madison Square Garden to the plains of Idaho, Liars will play hype-man to the goth-rock circus that is Interpol. Unfortunately, Angus Andrew and the boys aren't the only liars Interpol keep as company. Without further ado, the top 10 lies told in the presence of an Interpol member:
10. "The video for 'The Heinrich Maneuver is so exciting."
9. "So true; her stories ARE boring and stuff."
8. "You don't sound that much like Ian Curtis."
7. "Can you believe it? Three albums in and no one's sick of this yet!"
6. "Hey Paul, you should wait until all of the music dies down to bellow the title line to 'No I In Threesome.' It's a killer."
5. "Two months on tour and those suits still don't smell."
4. "Underage groupie girls usually keep their mouths shut."
3. "Carlos, that mustache is straight-up sexy!"
2. "Sun exposure is overrated anyway."
1. "Cocaine should follow ecstasy like sleep follows masturbation."
I kid, of course. In other Liars news (the band, not the enablers), the Patrick Daughters-directed video for the album's first single "Plaster Casts of Everything" can be seen here and features a cameo from Karen O of Yeah Yeah Yeahs fame.