I’m excited to be writing this round up because it means it's Friday! I’ve had a rough week. Monday I saw Dinosaur Jr, Dead Confederate, and Pride Parade and RAGED and felt like absolute hell the next morning. Tuesday I saw Dengue Fever and Chicha Libre. Wednesday I had to work super late and somehow ended up at a Del The Funky Homosapien show surrounded by frat boys. Last night... last night I didn’t do anything except watch Ghostbusters 1 and 2. Still, it’s been a long week. WOO HOO WEEKEND! On to da news...
- Deerhunter are heading to Europe, Japan, and Australia this summer to play some rock shows. Their tour kicks off at All Tomorrow’s Parties in Minehead, England on May 16 and ends June 16 in Wllington, New Zealand at the San Francisco Bathhouse. All the dates can be found at Deerhunter’s MySpace page. And don't forget about their new five-song EP coming May 18 via Kranky. (TMT News).
- Skyscraper Magazine will be going to an online-only format after 11 years. The final print issue is out now (Spring 2009, issue 30) and will be relaunched this summer on the internetz. Hey, at least it still exists and didn’t go under completely. Skyscraper FTW!
- Bowerbirds are heading on tour this weekend, playing dates with Bell and La Strada. Dates with Bell start tomorrow when they play Washington DC at Rock and Roll Hotel. Dates with La Strada start May 1 in Montreal at Il Motore. They also have some European dates and festivals planned. Check it all out at the Dead Ocean’s site.
- Torche and Kylesa will be tearing it up in Europe this summer. Their tour starts off at Hellfest in Cloisson, France and ends July 7 at Furia Sound Festival in Clergy-pontoise, France. Some of their dates also include performances with Coalesce, Mastodon, and Pig Destroyer. A list of all the dates can be found at Conspiracy Booking’s website.
- Warner Music Group shut down Ryko Distribution and moved distribution for all effected labels to its ADA division. The 25 people who work at Ryko will be laid off; however, they can apply for new jobs at ADA, who will be adding 12 people to their staff.
PS – Happy birthday to TMT-er Annapocalypse!