[This news is super-interactive. If Teen Vogue can do it, so can we.]
Presenting... the inaugural Official Cool Points Quiz: M.I.A. & The Cool Kids Edition!
1. Award yourself a point if you can name the latest M.I.A. full-length as well as the rapper's heritage.
2. Give yourself 2 points if you can name M.I.A.'s ex-boyfriend and frequent collaborator. One bonus point for the title of their mixtape together.
3. Add 3 points to your score if you can name the sample used in the M.I.A. song "Paper Planes."
4. Tack on another 4 points if you can name the frog-voiced rapper that gets a verse on The Cool Kids' song "Gettin' It."
5. Five points if you can finish this Cool Kids line: "A little bit of gold and a _ _ _ _ _."
6. Increase your score by 6 points if you know the story behind the new M.I.A. single "Jimmy."
7. You earn +7 if you saw M.I.A. on tour for her first full-length. One bonus point if you can name that album.
8. Finally, please subtract 4 points from your score if you actually calculated your total up this question. You have to prove your coolness? Come on.
Answer Key: 1. Kala (TMT Review), Sri Lanka 2. Diplo, Piracy Funds Terrorism Vol. 1 3. The Clash - "Straight to Hell" 4. Lil Wayne 5. pager 6. The song is a cover of "Jimmy Jimmy Aja" from Disco Dancer, a Bollywood film 7. Arular 8. Shame on you!
RESULTS: If your score totaled between 0-5 points, please read Pitchfork more often and hopefully you can catch M.I.A. on her next tour. If your score ended up between 6-12, this is your ticket to one of the following shows! Have a blast. If your score was over 13, you're probably totally over M.I.A., but you could always just go for The Cool Kids and leave before M.I.A. takes the stage. We bow in your presence.
M.I.A. with The Cool Kids: